Monday, April 20, 2009

The Star Wars' Ocean



I painted this mural in one of our basement walls a while ago. My son calls it "The Star Wars Ocean." I guess he's close. The retro future style rocks my world.. our past's future...reminds me of The Jetsons. Ahhhh...I'm getting a glimpse of new inspiration right now...a comfort dream life...living in underwater bubbles maybe...all those floating chairs...(a robot maid)... those curvy lines ...sexy interiors.... We'll see.

Back to the Jetsons, funny how we believed it was magical to speak to somebody by phone and watch their faces on a screen at the same time...ha ha ha...I'm not nearly as excited now when I speak through Skype. I think I read somewhere that The Jetsons were created by Hanna-Barbera after the hit they got with The Flintstones, by they didn't have as much success as it was expected. It's a matter of taste...I think different than the general public.


No comments:

Post a Comment