Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Neat Freak Pizza

O.K, it's time now. Here's my new piece and here's the story:


I know, it's funny. I was brainstorming about TASTE for Cathy's found art project this week. While in a picnic, my baby was having a pizza and she was making a mess, like you may guess. I'm kind of obsessed about cleaning, at least regarding my daughter. I couldn't stop just wiping her face off after every bite, so my "random idea processor" (my mind) joined the terms "pizza" and "neat freak" into "The Neat Freak Pizza". It's a portrait of a pizza who will helplessly try to arrange her uneven and odd items in rows, failing at every intention. The city at the left was a result of the leftover pieces of the items in the pizza, and the sun is a peperoni I declined on for the pizza.



Acrylic and vinyl cutouts on MDF board, 12 x 12 inches, soon for sale.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Veronica! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think I have seen your work via Cathy Nichols blog??? Love the mod feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss! It was at Cathy's ! Thanks for visiting and keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty cool. The buildings at the side are a nice touch. I like that they came from the food 'scraps' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you use the positive and negative cuttings in your art. It looks good, and it's not wasteful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you girls !! Love, love, love your comments !

    ReplyDelete