Wednesday, April 15, 2009

City Language





























I'm impressed about how this blog helps me organize mi ideas and inspiration. Cathy's new theme for this Friday is SHOUT, and while I was in Toronto I tried to find SHOUTs everywhere. Big cities... everything is about metal, cement, concrete, wiring, glass, sound and faces (at a first glance). But then you start "reading" their language...Cities "speak"...there's texture everywhere, expressions, shapes, shadows, patterns. Maybe it's the fact that you don't get to see nothing but space surrounded by buildings with few pieces of sky, that make you focus on all the quiet things around you, that tell their story. It's a whole new language, so silent and talkative at the same time. That's why I titled this one "City Language". Sounds like the title of a new piece...



No comments:

Post a Comment