Friday, April 17, 2009

New Piece, "Free Hugs"



"Free Hugs"-12 x 24 inches. Acrylic, vinyl, and paper on MDF board



I'm so happy, I guess I can still feel the energy of the free hugs. This is my new piece, just inspired by the previous post's picture and moment. Cathy Nichols posted it today in her Found Art Friday project. This is so great, she's getting to be an institution! If there's anyone out there that hasn't participated in her project, let me tell you is a lot of fun. You should try it!


This time, I wanted to recreate the warmth of the hugs against the cold, big city. I started cutting out some circles out of a hot pink rectangle to make the faces, but the left out piece looked like their hugging bodies. I ended up downsizing the circles, and using the funny leftovers of some other piece to make the city behind. Funny how we can "paint" with paper and a pair of scissors. Hope I didn't go off track with the theme, only one of the girls seems to be yelling "Free Hugs!" in my painting. It was the greatest shout I've ever got, the energy spread over Dundas Square was amazing. Hope you like it ! Soon for sale.

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, I saw your piece this morning on Cathy's blog, just hadn't had a chance to pop over here until now. I love it! Great colors and a wonderful message. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog via Cathy's blog...I love your work...and am a fellow Canadian!!! come visit my blog and please leave a comment so I know you have...

    ReplyDelete