Sunday, March 7, 2010

Surprise Element

River

Underground Cities

These are my new ones. They have nothing in common as you can tell. My art has always been quite experimental; I guess that's why the results are usually different. As I take a route, I get distracted by another, and so and so. My paintings rarely end up being what I planned first. The surprise element is so important to me...sometimes I feel the piece "paints" itself, or that there's somebody else behind it. I can clearly see the influences of my daily experiences and the things I like in them, but the structure or "grammar" of my pieces comes to life the moment I create them. I guess that's why art is so important to me. I never know what I will get, and it helps me explore and reveal my unconscious mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment